All Car Segments Decline and Pickups Defy Normality
- Volume-weighted, overall car values decreased by 0.53% last week, this time last year decreased by 0.48%.
- All car segments declined by more than a quarter percent in value, led by Entry Level and Entry Midsize segments at 0.82% and 0.81%, respectively.
- Premium Sporty segment has outperformed the overall car average for eight straight weeks and Entry Level Cars have underperformed for eleven straight.
- Since May 1st, Cars have declined by a cumulative 3.8% and Trucks by only 1%.
- Volume-weighted, overall truck values decreased by 0.22% last week, this time last year decreased by 0.25%.
- Compact and Mid-size Pickup segments increased by 0.26% and the Compact SUV segment increased by 0.16%.