Autobytel just released actionable truck shopping and buying data–and commentary on the road ahead for the popular pickup truck segment.
Approximately 90% of trucks sold in 2013 were built by Chrysler, Ford, and General Motors.
Note Trends for Dealers Selling Pickup Trucks:
- Full-size pickup trucks important to overall health of OEMs
- 53% of new truck intenders bought the same brand truck
- Toyota had highest committed percentage of intenders at 76%;
- Ford had second highest committed at 57%;
- Nissan had the third highest at 55%. intenders
- 39% of new truck intenders ended up buying a used truck.
- Toyota god most traffic on Autobytel site; Traffic up 75%
- But Chevrolet\, Ford, and Chrysler make up 90% of truck sales
To read the full article, including commentary about the midsize truck segment, luxury-oriented trim levels, fuel economy information, and truck market perspective for the years ahead, visit http://www.autobytel.com/trucks/car-buying-guides/pickup-truck-trends-reflect-innovation-upheaval-in-competitive-segment-123233/.
To view the infographic, visit http://www.autobytel.com/car-blog/infographic-2014-autobytel-data-reveals-trucks-in-competitive-segment-123333/.