With GM facing more criticism & congressional scrutiny about recalls, optimism about 2014 Auto Sales prevails.
So what might all this mean to dealer management teams?
- How much did miserable weather in last 3 months affect auto sales?
- Is the 5% growth in auto sales forecasts being “snowed” under?
- Consensus is that retail sales growth month-to-month will be small
- Growth expected to be 0.2% for Feb after 0.4% drop in January
- Retail auto sales are down only 1.5% for last two months
- Auto sales could dramatically affect overall retail sales growth
- Dealers have 10 months to regain the 17M sale number for 2014
- Spring is coming and dealers are going to get back on track