Cars coming out of rental fleets are loaded with equipment and features that are ready for dealers to put on the front line.
Manheim actually remarketed over 2,600 different year, make, model, & body configurations in 2013.
- Spec-ing of rental cars is now aligned with dealer retail vehicle needs
- It is a matter of vehicle value retention and residual values
- Most rental vehicles are sold at risk by the rental companies
- Rental risk pricing did decline in December, according to Tom Webb
- Caused by some rental agencies “defleeting” earlier than usual
- Most off rental cars come to dealers with 35K to 40K mileages
- Cascading is a resale practice of selling cars away from airports
- So the cars sold near RAC airport locations are premium