Continuing signs that the “the fit is about hit the shan” over the selling of data. Is it time to “wash the sales funnel”?
Rockefeller. FTC, and CFPB scrutinizing data brokers who are marketing credit info on financially troubled consumers.
- Consumer profiles are being compiled & sold to auto lenders
- No surprise – as has been big business for a finance companies
- Gather data and profiling from social media & selling as auto leads
- Scrutiny is increasing as more data companies enter market
- Technology and software has made it easy for brokers to aggregate
- Right now Feds are after Axiom, Epsilon, Experian, Medbase200
- Issue seems to be the “deceptive” ways brokers get data
- Proposed bill would enable consumers to opt out
- Some say “Sure,” but do consumers really know what’s going on?