- The Target hack was bad; but it’s only the beginning
- States are investigating; Congress demanding & consumers fuming
- Need for consumer education & conversation with retailers, Feds & credit card companies
- Better technology is one of the key demands or solutions
- Encryption of data viewed a must from cash registers to finance institutions
- Cybersecurity no longer just for IT — includes dealers & OEMs also
Note from the Publisher of Dealer Digest Daily: Here is one of six important and significant news developments that occurred over this past week and the “slow news day” on Martin Luther King Day. You are encouraged to check out this “listing of Need-to- Knows” every workday and route to your team.