How to Boost Your Online Presence Through Customer Reviews
The Kelly Automotive Group was founded in 1965. Since that time they have earned a reputation as the most trusted dealer name in New England. A strong focus on the customer experience has always been part of the philosophy of the Kelly Automotive Group of Easton and Emmaus, Pennsylvania.
In early 2010, the dealership began to realize they were doing very little to capitalize on their satisfied customer base. They also felt rather out of touch with the advances in digital marketing; around 99% of the marketing budget was allocated to traditional media with minimal Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or digital marketing.
- Kelly Auto Group latched onto DealerRater’s Certified Dealer Program.
- Templates were created for sales consultants to use to respond to Internet leads, encouraging potential car buyers to place a customer review.
- Rating reminder cards were placed at the Service Department’s cashier checkout; and, whenever a customer compliments the dealership for its service, the cashier asked the customer to fill out the card.
- Kelly allocated $60,000 in extra bonus money. Each quarter, the staff meets at a company-wide breakfast to hand out bonus money to the winning sales consultants.
- Within the first 90 days, the program produced a significant impact in sales as consultants saw more referrals coming in.
- Between 10–30% (depending on the store) of Kelly’s customers now go online and rate the dealership and its sales consultants.
- Car shoppers now arrive at the dealership asking for a specific sales person.
Actionables for Your Dealership GM Today:
- Make your dealership management understand that what gets recognized gets repeated.
- Set up a “safe environment” to communicate with customers to ensure a positive dealership experience.
- Schedule monthly meetings for the purpose of measuring review scores for your dealership – whether one location or several.
- Use the bonus system to help your sales consultants reach for top sales at the dealership as well as No. 1 in your community and your state.
The Kelly Auto Group success story could easily be duplicated at your dealership by visiting DealerRater.com today and learning more about becoming a member of the Certified Dealer Program.