60 million unique visitors go to Craigslist to buy every month. MotorLot’s new Craigslist auto posting tool makes tedious, by-hand posting a thing of the past by creating great ads that convert and saving you hours per day. Craigslist is a huge opportunity for auto dealers that know how to post successfully.
Below are 10 tips for finding success posting to Craigslist.
1. Great Photos – Craigslist allows 8 photos per ad, use them to your advantage by showing outside to inside shots. The pros use the first image as an ad by placing a watermark of the dealership logo and a phone number.
2. Great Titles – call attention to the title by using characters like !@+&*.
3. Descriptions – keep it basic and funnel potential buyers to a phone number or link that goes to a landing page. Which leads to our next tip.
4. Use landing pages – landing pages funnel the customer from an ad, gives more information on the vehicle with more photos and attempts to convert the user to a lead through email or a phone call.
5. Use call tracking – how do you know which ads and cars have performed the best? With call tracking you’ll be able to see exactly which ad and vehicle a customer is calling about.
6. Don’t spam Craigslist – having the same vehicle ad in search 10 times, won’t get you 10 times more calls. The customer isn’t stupid and at best will see that it’s the same ad at worst think your company is shady.