As fixed operations becomes a larger portion of dealer revenue, the challenge can become making it worth more than just basic customer service fulfillment. Customers want to have a satisfying experience and don’t want to have their time dragged out by inefficiency.
Xtime is working on that question with dealers through its technology that is producing results. Xtime mobile ServiceTab lets advisors greet customers right at their vehicles in the service drive, where conditions are more conducive to face-to-face interaction that builds stronger relationships and trust.
“We’re seeing an 82% appointment show rate since using Xtime to schedule appointments in-shop and on-line,” noted Ross Corey, service manager for Audi St. Paul, Maplewood, MN.
“Our labor hours per RO are up 35%,” said Jeff Bellinger, GM for Brandfon Honda, Branford, CT, “since we started using Xtime’s ServiceTab tablet inspection tool in the drive – and advisors are making more money too.”
Dealers using Xtime’s technology are seeing good results:
• Simplify and organize appointment scheduling: Whether customers book their appointments by viewing Xtime’s online scheduling tool on the dealership’s website or service staff does it from their desks.
• Maximize appointments: Customers using the dealership’s online service menus select recommended and desired services and book their own appointments. Dealer staff and customers are looking at the same real time data.
• Build customer trust and comfort: E-mail and other electronic service notifications keep customers advised of their vehicles’ service needs based on scheduled maintenances, recall notifications or other service reminder or promotion emails.
• Increase service revenue: Xtime ServiceTab helps advisors do more thorough vehicle walkarounds and identify potential upsell opportunities.
• Improves shop utilization: Service managers are reporting gaining greater visibility into appointment scheduling and traffic control with Xtime managing the appointment booking and check-in process.