TrueCar.com has released its March 2013 sales and incentives forecast with new light vehicle sales showing a significant rise over February 2013 figures.
Get the details on new and used-vehicle March estimates.
- For March 2013, new light vehicle sales in the U.S. (including fleet) is expected to be 1,466,956 units, up 4.5 percent from March 2012 and up 23.1 percent from February 2013 (on an unadjusted basis).
- The March 2013 forecast translates into a Seasonally Adjusted Annualized Rate (“SAAR”) of 15.42 million new car sales, up from 15.4 million in February 2013 and up from 14.1 million in March 2012.
- Retail sales are up 4.2 percent compared to March 2012 and up 20.2 percent from February 2013.
- Fleet and rental sales are expected to make up 21.0 percent of total industry sales in March 2013.
- The industry average incentive spending per unit will be approximately $2,523 in March 2013, which represents a decrease of 1.7 percent from March 2012 and is unchanged from February 2013.
- Used car sales* are estimated to be 2,891,896. The ratio of new to used is estimated to be 1:2 for March 2013.
Read the full article on sales figures, market share and incentives here.