After weeks of intense judging by industry leaders, the finalists for NAFA’s 2013 Fleet Excellence Awards have been chosen. Debuting this year, the Fleet Excellence Awards (or FLEXY for short) were designed to shine a spotlight on those who have impacted fleet management in both the corporate and public fleet segments during the previous year. Three finalists were chosen for each of the seven categories. Winners will be announced during the First Annual Fleet Excellence Awards Gala on Tuesday, April 23 at the Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort in Atlantic City, NJ during NAFA’s annual conference.
Outstanding Achievement in Corporate Fleet Management:
1) Kathryn Antonelli, Manager, Fleet Administration, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp.
2) John Dmochowsky, CAFM, Sales Fleet Manager, Mondelez
3) Mike Hertel, Corporate Fleet Manager, Lone Star Overnight
Outstanding Achievements in Public Fleet Management:
1) Bruce Kilmer, Business Systems Analyst Supervisor, City of Austin Fleet Services
2) Brian Marshall, Fleet Operations, State of Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
3) Steve Rapanos, Director, City of Edmonton Fleet Services
Excellence in Corporate Fleet Sustainability Accomplishment:
1) Kevin Fisher, CAFM, Vice President Strategic Fleet Operations, ARAMARK
2) Christy Coyte Meyer, Global Fleet Director, Johnson Controls, Inc.
3) Jerome Webber, Vice President Global Fleet Operations, AT&T Services, Inc.
Excellence in Public Fleet Sustainability Accomplishment:
1) Greg Hansen, Transportation Equipment Fund Administrator, Washington State Department of Transportation
2) Jim Reinish, Manager, Central Automotive Division, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
3) Mark Swackhamer, CAFM, Fleet Operations Manager, Houston Independent School District
Excellence in Corporate Fleet Safety:
1) Theresa Belding, Senior Manager — Fleet Services, Forest Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2) Dan French, Director of Fleet Operations, G&K Services
3) Judy Sparks, Fleet Manager, Advanced Home Care
Excellence in Public Fleet Safety:
1) City of Austin Fleet Services
2) Dennis R. Hogan CAFM/CPFP, Manager — Fleet Services, City of Cedar Rapids, Iowa
3) Bill Horne, Supervisor — Fleet Safety, City of Edmonton Fleet Services
Excellence in Fleet Leadership:
1) Jonathan Kamanns, Ingersoll Rand
2) Robert Martinez, New York City Police Department
3) Don Nunnari, AAA Arizona