Klein Honda, based near Seattle in Everett, Wash., is gaining business from going in the opposite direction of a lot of other dealers – advertising its “no appointment necessary” philosophy.
- Marketing this message brought in 800 more customers per month, bringing the totals for the service department to 2,200 to 2,400 customers coming in per month. The dealership says it’s the only one in the Seattle metro area to post gains in service business recently.
- Klein Honda’s posted prices met or beat the competition in most cases, and they’re persistent in doing their market research on it.
- Klein Honda owner Steve Klein credits his son Rory for carrying the message and expanding the service department overall.
- Part of adopting that strategy has meant remodeling its service department for the second time in two years to speed up the customer’s service experience.
- Each service customers also gets a personalized multipoint vehicle inspection that shows maintenance needs, explains needed repairs, and the cost.