Special thanks to Dealer Digest Daily readers for taking a reader survey in the past month. It’s helping the DDD team refine its content for articles, and asking the right questions during interviews.
Here are some the key takeaways from the survey respondents, who represented owners, top executives, general managers, sales and internet managers, and service managers:
• Making digital marketing work – how to effectively stay informed, and understanding how to best use it
• Managing inventory and watching used car condition reports, and vehicle sourcing channels
• Competition between new vs. used dealers; price competition for new vehicles and for used
• Finding quality people and keeping them trained; employee retention; having enough staff on the showroom floor
• Working with Customers that have low credit scores; subprime lending
• Keeping parts and service flowing well with trained service technicians
Another question in the survey asked about ways that dealership management is using news and information to meet their goals:
In what ways are you using auto industry news and information?
Informing colleagues 73.9%
Gaining awareness and insight on industry trends 63%
Improving sales and marketing performance 56.5%
Team training and development 52.2%
Strategic planning for your dealership 50%
Customer relationships and retention 50%
Reader open-end comments provided a lot of insight into the challenges dealer staff are facing today, and solutions that they’re trying out. We’ll have coverage of that next week in Dealer Digest Daily.