As deal¬≠ers and shop own¬≠ers demand more from ser¬≠vice staff, employ¬≠ees are work¬≠ing very long hours and burn¬≠ing out. Busi¬≠ness¬≠es are hir¬≠ing coach¬≠es to improve ser¬≠vice per¬≠for¬≠mance, and this some¬≠times makes more sense than work¬≠ing with con¬≠sul¬≠tants.
Here are 10 tips for coach¬≠ing suc¬≠cess offered by Motor Age‚Äôs Bri¬≠an Can¬≠ning:
1. Find a coach¬≠ing com¬≠pa¬≠ny with a good track record
2. Ask around and solic¬≠it rec¬≠om¬≠men¬≠da¬≠tions and ref¬≠er¬≠ences
3. Find out all that you can about what will be expect¬≠ed of you as a client
4. Do not let your ego get in your way
5. Do not deceive or lie to your coach
6. If you have appoint¬≠ments keep them, if you have tasks you agree to com¬≠plete, get them done
7. If you are con¬≠fused, do not be embar¬≠rassed or afraid to ask ques¬≠tions
8. Don‚Äôt do it If you‚Äôre look¬≠ing for some¬≠body to blame and can¬≠not com¬≠mit to what a coach will demand of you
9. If you are not will¬≠ing to change, do not enter into the rela¬≠tion¬≠ship
10. If you‚Äôre con¬≠stant¬≠ly at odds with your coach, ask for or demand a dif¬≠fer¬≠ent coach.