Ernie Garcia's evolving vision has been manifested again
Putting Carvana & Car360 together is huge in auto retailing.
Combines the technology developers of consumer vehicle presentations
Means more than just added transparency to vehicle sales process
What the migration of Cycloramic into Carvana's Growing Retail Market Means
Will wake up services like AutoTrader and even Cars.com plus OEMs
Dealer management has to take notice and "get there"
Could be the make tech breakthrough in auto retailing 2018
Will give car buyers a powerful visual shopping experience.
To capture the original release from Auto Remarketing:"Carvana acquires pioneer of 360-degree used-vehicle digital tours" _____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Right-Now How To for Men in Automotive: Men Learn How to Be ‘Allies,’ Without Fear, to Female ColleaguesMen, Managers, & #MeToo in Automotive:
Here is an article that was published in the WSJ on April 5
Timeley input based on the @Metoo movement outside the auto sector
Automotive conferences for Women are featuring Sexual harassment & discrimination
The Significance of More #MeToo in Automotive Sector:
The content in this Journal article seeks to help men in automotive
Seeks to coach males on how to mentor, listen to, & acknowledge women
Gives men practices & new approaches to include and follow women leadership
See the entire Wall Street Journal content about how men learn how to be allies to women colleagues
Scary Fact: One out of every five cars that you pass are on Recall
OEMs & Dealers seem to accept this situation
Is this a crisis or an accident waiting to happen.
Carfax keeps talking about effort to get vehicle back to dealership
Busy owners with life balance issues is excuse for not responding
The Possible Implications of the Continued DisInterest by OEMs:
What about law suits over an accident with Recall vehicles
Is Industry, OEMs. & Dealers not taking action? Lawyers?
Crisis in the making? How do we wake people up?
Action: See Carfax Release and Take the List seriously at your own peril
1) Impact of Insurtech, Fintech, and CarSharing on the Dealer and Vehicle Lessor Business Model
2) Disruption of automotive business model from & about AI, Machine Learning, & Blockchain
3) Evolution of a Total Transportation Management Business model for automotive retailers
4) Increasing decline of vehicle ownership and use of alternative means of & for moving about
5) Increasing role and transitory strategy of lease funding and lease management
6) Impending Exposure of Sexual Harassment, Discrimination, & Gender Inequity in the U.S. Automotive Market Infrastructure.
Editorial Note: This list aggregated by the publishing team at AIN Media prompted dialogue with NVLA [National Vehicle Leasing Association] about the agenda for forthcoming conference _______________________________________________________________________________________________
Women are not yet creating & directing content in advertising
Lack of female creative leadership in agency & OEM marketing
Opportunity for agencies, clients, & industry
What has and is the impact of 3% Movement on Marketing to Women & to Total Audience?
3% Movement now in conferencing, MiniCons, Certification, Research
7th annual Two day fall conference coming in November in Chicago
Online community of 35,000
To begin to see the scope and impact of the 3% Movement, go to http://3percentconf.com/
Enterprise leads the Major car rental companies with National and Avis following:
Cuts off discount program for NRA members.
Sends a message to NRA that current positions on gun control are unacceptable.
Beginning of financial pressure on the NRA for its stands on current gun laws.
Major corporation are follow the Car Rental industry
Going after gun manufacturers next.
#BoycottNRA is the hash tag to see the impact on the NRA
See What New York Times coverage shows about dozens of companies following the lead of the RAC companies
California roads, bridges,& streets desperately need repair and upgrades
The 12 cents gasoline tax went into effect on Nov 1.
Will produce $5.4B annually. Also a transportation improvement fee started Nov 1
State Republicans want to repeal the gas tax. Have over 500,000 signatures to get on ballot
State needs to complete major road projects for the Nov Election
How Is State Responding?
Rushing to complete dozens of projects on are a fast track to be complete prior to Nov election
The Bottom line for Voters who drive in California:
Invest in your future and get roads fixed & upgraded ASAP
Balloons are hazards when they enter the environment
All released balloons return to Earth as ugly litter
Even those marketed as “biodegradable latex
Balloons return to the land and sea everywhere
Balloons are frequently mistaken for food and eaten by animals.
More Significance Reason we need to care & act:
One in 20 of seabirds encounter or eat balloons
Even latex balloons marketed as “biodegradable”
Balloons contain environmentally damaging chemicals and plastics.
Helium that inflates balloons should be preserved for high tech use
Mylar balloons also get into electrical wires
Here is evidence that balloons have "ballooned" into a problem for the environment and we in the auto business should care ______________________________________________________________________
1. No pressure from dealer; Let Customers be proactive
2. Customer Engagement developed and maximized
3. Vehicle information provided as Customer Self Service
4. Finance option to be transparent & easy
5. Focus by the dealer is on customer, not product
6. Customer must feel special & appreciated
7. Tech support for customer provided 24/7
8. Buying process becomes personal
9. Experience powered by an Omni Channel strategy
10.Customer Experience is digitally driven
Connects dealers with vehicle valuation experts
Need for a better way to appraise customer trade-ins
TAL methodology & system produces more accurate appraisals
Dealers get customer vehicle appraisals in minutes
What does The Appraisal Lane App Based System Accomplish?
Customers receive cash offers for vehicles while in dealership
Expansion of TAL vehicle appraisal process continues Westward
Strategic & methodical valuation increases dealer sales volume
Vehicle appraisal technology reducing dealer wholesaling losses
Transparency process provides better customer experience
Appraisal process combines technology & expert valuations
Grab on to this new innovation that combines Vehicle appraisal technology and expert valuation process.
90% of Consumers want to communicate with dealers via text
Only 48 percent of businesses offer messaging capabilities.
Why & Where Dealerships are "stuck":
Dealers aren’t making an effort to speak to car buyers via text
Nearly half of dealers could be driving shoppers to the competition.
What Dealers can do about it:
Get your dealership sales team to this WEBINAR--[Text them]
"Why Your Dealership Should Be Texting in 2018"
Thursday, March 1, 11:00 AM PT/2:00 PM ET
REGISTER NOW ___________________________________________________________________________________________________
NADA Must Attend Workshop on Vehicle Appraisals: Counting Cars: How to Stop Gambling on What Cars are WorthIf You or Key Managers are going to NADA
You have got to get to this Workshop on Vehicle Appraisals
Mark your calendar & sched to be at The Appraisal Lane Workshop
Be a innovator by bringing an Appraisal process to your dealership
Drill down & find the PDF of The Appraisal Lane workshop to see what you will learn:
"Counting Cars: Stop Gambling With Used Car Appraisals"
With Used-Car Appraisals Sixty percent of vehicles processed at a dealership are makes, models and trims not core to inventory needs. It’s never been more important to derive deep and actionable insights into your appraisal process. Discover new techniques and skills to drive conquest sales, manage inventory more effectively and yield hidden profits in fixed operations
Jeff Risner, The Appraisal Lane, will be presenting on Friday 3.23 & Saturday 3.24
This posted document is really a comprehensive guide on “How Your Service Department can Help Sell More Vehicles” by creating a process in your dealership to gain & produce appraisals while customer vehicles are in the service lane and thus produce possible vehicle sales leads for the dealership’s sales team
Dealer Management Alert: Here’s a Guide for “How Appraisals in Your Service Department Can Help Sell More Vehicles”
Artificial Intelligence Begins to Infiltrate the Enterprise (That is,Your Dealership or Auto Industry CompanySO WHAT IS GOING ON WITH AI?
AI adoption is still “slow”
Few enterprises have adopted AI Technology
Vast majority of companies are not yet on board.
SO WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW & BE DOING?
Cognitive & AI systems will reach $12.5B in 2017
Every company will evidently be impacted
So many potential uses of AI make it confusing
Companies to start with a core problem to classify & predict
Biggest challenge is lack of talent & skills
What to do with AI is an issue for management
Trust in AI by people is also challenging
Massive changes in businesses are coming.
See what your company should do as outlined at end of this paper __________________________________________________________________________________________________________
• Keen Labs was able to hack the Tesla S two times
• The in-depth research & testing shows vehicle systems still vulnerable.
• Report says 82% of vehicles sold in next 3 yrs. will be connected
What in this Report requires your thorough Strategic Read?
• Focus on 4 malicious steps used in the hack of the Tesla on pg 4 & 5
• Dealers and industry should Dig into Lessons learned on page 6
• Code Signing & Authentication are critical to ECU Firmware security
SECURING AUTOMOTIVE IS CRUCIAL IN TODAY’S CONNECTED WORLD ____________________________________________________________________________
1. Predictive Analytics is migrating to BlockChain
2.Becoming a marketing tool for automotive market
3.Need for dealer management to grasp & use PA
Why this article & link is Significant:
1. Get a quick briefing on Benefits, Apps & Trends for Predictive Analytics
2.Critical that auto mgt uses more PA & Blockchain in 2018
3.Entrepreneur Mag article is heads up on Predictive Analytics
How Predictive Analytics Can Help Your Business See the Future _________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Utilized high energy density & long driving range
2. Adds up to 240 miles (390 km): 50 miles (80 km) range
3. Requires only a 60-sec charge
4. Seeks to solve EV Charging limitation & constraint
The Significance of this Breakthrough:
1. Fast charge & short charging times better than other Li-ion technology
2. Meets automotive requirements for energy density, range, and cost.
3. Enevate is licensing silicon-dominant HD-Energy® Technology
4. Licensees:Battery & EV automotive manufacturers & suppliers
5. New extreme fast charge technology breaks down barriers to EV adoption.
Big Solution is Here! 5-minute Extreme Fast Charge Battery Technology for Electric Vehicles
Here are THREE proven dealer marketing fundamentals known as the “*80 Supplemental-20 Rule” or a set of actionable strategies for dealers and their agencies:
The Debate Stops Here: How the 80–20 Rule for Dealer Marketing Budgets with Three Action-able Fundamentals Can Capture Your Customers Online Today
1. Let your brand do the heavy lifting.
2. Commit 80% to digital, 20% to targeted traditional campaigns.
3. Remember digital companies invest heavily in driving consumers to you!
To learn The Bottom Line for Dealer Marketing, Click and Consider Stopping Debate Now. _____________________________________________________________________________
This is for Forward-Thinking Dealer GMs & Sales Managers.
You see yourself as a Thought Leader on top of Trends
This is hottest trend for dealer management in Digital Automotive Marketing.
Audience Intelligence is now & will become a priority for you in 2018.
To get your team on this trend, Click above & Study this insightful briefing from Billy Ferriola of AutoWeb.
Why this app is a breakthrough in what is really a kind of Connected Car Technology:
CarWink: The world’s first car device allowing you to communicate with other drivers through animation.
There is a need to connect drivers with drivers on the road & CarWink does it.
The Auto Industry and consumers can invest in CarWink on Kickstarter.com.
Here is the first app to do this: _____________________________________________________________________
• 874 Responses from Auto Women Executives tell how things are
• Survey finds that persistent sexism is still rampant in auto
• Subtle & overt biases & exclusion are still with the industry.
What might be the significance of the Survey
• Hopefully, OEM, Dealer, & Provider Mgt. will act
• This is an opportunity for all "Car Guys" to adopt inclusion
• What will we do if women start naming names & companies?
Everyone in the automotive industry, whether in management or working in the back of the dealership or 3 levels down at the OEM needs to read the 16 pages of this revealing survey in print or online -- and then ACT to fix this problem ASAP ____________________________________________________________________________________
Traveling Auto Executives to Experience VR Before & After Trips Using Artificial IntelligenceThere is a fundamental shift happening in the traveler mindset. Airlines and hotels will be anticipating travelers’ needs and to simplify all aspects of business travel. This will require a balancing act by travel companies to ensure they offer the latest technology that will give travelers the ability to connect with another live person anytime, anywhere
Here is some Commentary and Positioning Information from MediaPost to show how & what is coming.
• Number of inaccurately appraised was “Too Many”
• Money and time were lost as the industry searched
• More precise process of valuing trade or inventory vehicles needed
Significance of the Need for Better Appraisal Technology:
• Dealers facing more pressure to correctly appraise cars.
• Industry issues like Recalls, VW, & declining sales cause concern
• Econ factors & consumer buying behavior drive rapid market changes.
• Industry needs more accurate appraisal process & technology
Learn how a new UC App is delivering more accurate appraisals using combination of algorithms and market value experts _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Situation with Marcus Lemonis & Used Cars:
How CarCash Stopped Bleeding Money & Got Marcus Lemonis Back into UC Business Successfully Using New Appraisal App & Process
• Marcus Lemonis finds companies that need management & money
• Marcus loves the UC business as he started at AutoNation
• He found a UC operation in trouble, changed name to CarCash
The Significance of the CarCash UC Model:
• The Marcus "Magic" worked again & CarCash is flourishing
• A change in the appraisal process made big difference
• The App & Technology of The Appraisal Lane worked
See how the turnaround worked and the role that accurate appraisals played in CarCash sucess. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________