• Car dealerships are target for hyperlocal media & suppliers of digital marketing technology & services,
• After steady growth to record 2015, auto sales now sluggish, & dealership consolidation continues.
• Researcher Borrell projects dealerships to spend $14 B on digital & online advertising in 2016.
• Dealers shifting to Digital & Mobile-Spend over 60% of media budget online
• Borrell’s survey reveals that dealers cutting back on traditional media.
• Kia dealer confessed spending majority of digital budget on search
• Dealers frequently do not have resources to do analytics on display or brand tracking
• Have relied on OEM's data analytics & customer experience surveys.
Find David Card, Street Fight’s director of research, and his complete Need-to-Know article _______________________________________________________________________________
• BC Canada company, PAL-V, says it going make a car fly soon.
• Public is psyched: Google traffic of over 135,000 monthly searches.
• CEO claims company most likely to deliver a "real" flying car.
• Work is done to create flying car that meets regs & safe to fly.
• Creating flying car with solid appeal in North American market place.
• PAL-V has been the quietest player in the market World-wide.
• PAL-V Limited Edition model will be available to 90 buyers, 25 in NA.
More info & video on PAL-V in North America
Contact Mark Jennings-Bates, VP Sales.1 250 859 4893
Aswath wrote a very comprehensive, analytical, and probably brilliant article about Ride Sharing in Seeking Alpha in August. He is basically saying that disruptive Ride Sharing has got to make money
Summary or Significance of What He said:
• Disruption is easy but making money off disruption is difficult, and ride sharing companies would be exhibit 1 to back up the proposition.
• While the ride sharing option is here to stay and will continue to grow, ride sharing companies still have not figured out a way to convert ride sharing revenues in profits.
• I have argued every young growth company has a bar mitzvah moment, a time in its history when markets shift attention away from surface measures of growth to more operating substance (evidence that users are being monetized).
• This may be premature but I have sense that the bar mitzvah moment has arrived or will be arriving soon for ride sharing companies.
This article is must reading for all automotive startups so go get it