What is the assessment of Automotive Industry Media Watchers?
Based on a sustained Media Watch over time = NO is the answer.
Many Startups think they can’t afford to investment in advertising.
Generally the rationale among startup management and backers is –“Let’s see if we can just send out press releases & hope that Industry publications, particularly automotive magazines and sites, are hungry for Startup Content.”
The problem is that most innovative startups, particularly automotive and even technology related just get lost in trade publications. They may get some coverage in the back pages of a one of the few remaining automotive trade publications and that is it.
What Startups Should be Doing with their Marketing?
The solution is to create and produce One Pager Integrated Marketing Communications Plan. There should be Three core elements in this plan.
1) Content Marketing & Development- Planned content that captures the solutions that the startup provides
2) Integrated Marketing Communications — Mobilizing of content, search, social media,conferencing with targeted banner messaging at the bottom of the list
3) Digital Advertising & Messaging — Banner content that focuses on a Problem-Solution strategy -No more chest beating promises.
Bottom Line: Startups should stop—
1) Relying on press release marketing
2) Thinking they can’t afford an advertising budget
3) Putting off investing in Marketing, even targeted innovative advertising as part of all MarComm resources
The Solution to Effective Marketing Communications for all Startups is to mobilize every resource available to tell the story of why their innovation is worthy of adoption, investment, and utilization.