OEMs are getting ready to roll out fuel-cell vehicles in selected markets by the end of the year.
Vehicles powered by hydrogen fuel cells to be leased in California and Europe.
- Hyundai, Honda, and Toyota are expected to put vehicles in service
- California has 15% zero emissions & electric vehicle requirements by 2025
- Fuel cell vehicles get double the emission credits, so California is the ‘test’
- The pricing of fuel cell vehicles will be a challenge
- Leased cost to demo fleets will apparently be $499 per month
- Lessee must live near network of fueling stations
- Only 15 public fuels stations in the U.S. presently
- Europe wants fuel cell vehicles, particularly Germany