One of the fastest growing parts of the data gathering business is studying how millions of company employees behave each day at work.
Company computers are telling management why people were hired & how productive they are.
- This employee tracking is called the nascent Quantified Workplace
- Data analytics companies are springing up to track how we work
- Are figuring out more things to track every week
- Data companies claim a 5% increase in worker productivity
- Company HR departments claim increases in use of data analytics
- Data companies provide analysis of more than 500M employee data points
- Data used in hiring practices; claim to I.D. characteristic of successful employees
- Lot depends on culture of the company & use of the data