OEMs are planning on consolidating the number of franchise dealers, and dealers who own one or two stores are most at risk.
Study says 3,800 stores to go in next 6 years, that’s one out of every five.
- Expected to impact succession plans and family owned stores
- Size of dealer network is just too large to sustain
- Means one of every 5 outlets will be closed per study
- Study says OEM should be more direct to shape consolidation
- Says survival of the fittest & should be orderly
- Challenge seem to be convince dealers to sell
- Dealer who own one or two stores most at risk
- Study by the respected Roland Berger
This significant automotive industry news development has been selected & edited for you and dealer team. Find out what is going on in less than sixty seconds. Route, tweet, or file.