Driven Management Guides
Now available at NADA University Online, seven new or updated Driven guides:
- Parts Checkup: Performance Level Analysis
- A Dealer Guide to Parts Inventory Management
- A Dealer Guide to The Effective Service Advisor
- A Dealer Guide to Improving Parts Inventory Efficiency
- A Dealer Guide to the Family and Medical Leave Act
- A Dealer Guide to Appraisal-to-Trade Ratios
- A Dealer Guide to the OSHA Single and Multi-Piece Rim Service Rule
There’s no charge to NADA and ATD members for the guides! Non-members may purchase them for $20 each in the NADA U Store.
Wednesday is just not Wednesday without NADA University Online’s 30-minute complimentary webinars. Hear industry leaders share insights, trends, and best practices that dealers can put to immediate use. Click here to register for the last webinar of 2013:
–Dec 18, Hazmat and You: Unwind the Acronyms, presented by Charlie Ayers of CCAR and Steve Hunt of ShipMate, Inc.
Attend the weekly webinars live—or view them on-demand at NADA University Online within 4–6 business days after they happen. For information on presenting a webinar, contact Barbara Roos, Workshops and Webinars Manager, NADA University Online, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 NADA-ATD Convention Workshops
The Big Easy will be the backdrop for the 2014 NADA-ATD Convention & Exposition. From Jan. 24–27, 100 speakers will present 64 workshops in 174 exciting sessions and 7 workshop tracks: Dealer/Executive, Human Resources, Legal & Regulatory, Internet & Marketing, Sales, Business Office/F&I, Parts, and Service & Body Shop. Organized and sponsored by NADA University Online, the workshops are designed to give new-car and truck dealers the information they need to succeed in a dynamic and competitive market. Of those who attended the workshops at the 2013 NADA convention, an overwhelming majority of survey respondents said the sessions and speakers were “excellent.”
To access the complete workshop schedule, visit the NADA Convention website and click on “Workshops.”
NADA Dealership Workforce Study
NADA has unveiled its second annual industry report on car and truck dealership employee compensation, benefits, retention and turnover, and hours of operation and work schedules. The 2013 Dealership Workforce Study Industry Report was designed to help dealers recruit, hire and retain top talent. The Report is based on hard data culled from 290,000 car and truck payroll records, and cogent analysis by DeltaTrends, the automotive retailing industry’s leading provider of workforce metrics, guides and trends, and HR best practices.
NADA has also launched an online tool that allows users to search the entire 2013 and 2012 NADA Dealership Workforce Study database. The NADA Dealership Workforce Study Compensation and Tenure Search Tool enables users to find answers to their questions about national, regional and state data. A dealer who wants to know the total turnover for all service positions in neighboring states, for example, can query the tool, which then searches the Study’s database of 680,000 payroll records from nearly 5,000 dealerships and returns the answer. Access to the Compensation and Tenure Search Tool is good for one year from date of purchase.
NADA and ATD member dealers can enroll in the 2014 study at the NADA Convention, in New Orleans, La., January 24–27, 2014. (There will be more chances to do so after the Convention, as well.) Participants get the Basic and Industry Reports free—the Basic Report is a custom report comparing individual dealerships’ data against aggregated data from their peers in the region and state. Participants may also purchase the Enhanced Report, which compares their own data against franchise and state numbers, or a “bundle” comprising the Enhanced Report and the Search Tool. Sign in to NADAuniversity.com and visit the NADA U Store, or call 800.557.6232.
NADA ACADEMY Accepting Applications for 2014 Classes!
Dealer Candidate Academy: Feb. 10, May 12, Jun 16, Sep 22, Oct 20
General Dealership Management Academy: Feb. 17, May 19, Jun 9, Sep 8, Oct 6
ATD Truck Dealer Academy: Oct 13
Special Ops training programs allow department managers to attend individual weeks of the Academy. Hone skills specific to your needs in:
- Financial Management
- Fixed Operations 1 (Parts)
- Fixed Operations 2 (Service)
- Variable Ops I – Digital marketing, inventory control, showroom traffic procedures, new- and used-car sales
- Variable Ops II – Pay plans; leasing; F&I; new- and used-car sales; hiring, developing and retaining sales staff; expense controls; ROI
Go to www.nada.org/nadauniversity/academy to download schedules and applications for all programs, or call 800.557.6232 for dates and availability.
NADA 20 GROUP
- Untapped profit opportunities! NADA 20 Group’s In-dealership Consultations (IDCs) are proven to generate significant profit improvement. Call 800.557.6232, ext. 4.
- The “best ideas” in 20 Group are known for delivering great results. The best idea of all – join now! NADA 20 Group is now accepting applications for Chrysler, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Kia, Lincoln, Mazda working groups. Call 800.557.6232, ext. 4.