Your dealership is coming off of a summer of great sales, and September could turn out to be a down month. Now is the time to look for ways to bring customers in and boost your sales volume and assuring that a trade-in results in a sale will do it! What should your Dealer Manager be doing to make sure this happens?
Smart Thinking Solution for Dealers:
Sign up for the AutoTrader.com Trade-In Marketplace so that new car buyers with a “trade” come directly to your dealership with the value of the trade or existing vehicle done – with no hassle or confrontation over the value of the customer’s existing vehicle.
New vehicle retail sales reached double-digit gains for both June and July when compared to the same time last year, and this increase in demand for new vehicles translates into more people who need to dispose of their current vehicles, according to Juan Flores, director of operations for the Trade-In Marketplace at AutoTrader.com®
What can the Trade-In Marketplace Do for Your Dealership?
- Enables consumers to get an instant offer on their used cars, sight unseen, and those offers are backed by AutoTrader.com.
- Offers generated through the Trade-In Marketplace are based on an extensive set of parameters, including VIN-specific information, details surrounding the condition of the car and the impact of the specific vehicle’s history and after-market equipment.
- Consumers receive an offer on their vehicles that represents an amount that a dealer would be willing to pay for their vehicle immediately.
- As long as the shopper accurately represents the condition of the vehicle, he or she never has to accept less.
- Shoppers can redeem their Trade-In Marketplace offer at a participating dealership to turn the offer into cash or use it toward the down payment on another car.
According to independently fielded consumer follow-up surveys, 65 percent of shoppers who redeem their Trade-In Marketplace offers indicated that they traded in the vehicle for a replacement instead of just selling the car to the dealership and walking away with a check.
Auto dealers seeking more information on the Trade-In Marketplace program, or to speak to your AutoTrader representative, please visit AutoTrader.com today!