Recording its best August since 2007, Chrysler Group LLC reports sales up 12 percent overall with record sales in six Chrysler Group vehicles plus the Fiat brand.
Get the details on an astounding retail sales month for Chrysler.
Chrysler Group LLC today reported U.S. sales of 165,552 units, a 12 percent increase compared with sales in August 2012 (148,472 units), and the group’s best August sales since 2007.
The Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram Truck and FIAT brands each posted year-over-year sales gains in August compared with the same month a year ago. The Ram Truck brand’s 29 percent increase was the largest sales gain of any Chrysler Group brand during the month. Chrysler Group extended its streak of year-over-year sales gains to 41-consecutive months in August.
- Best August sales since 2007
- 41st-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains
- Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram Truck, and FIAT brands each post sales increases in August compared with same month a year ago
- FIAT brand records its best sales month since launching the Fiat 500 in the U.S. in 2011
- Six Chrysler Group vehicles set sales records in August
- Ram Truck brand sales up 29 percent; largest percentage sales gain of any Chrysler Group brand in August
- All Jeep brand vehicles in production record double-digit percentage increases
- Ram Truck brand named “Most Ideal Popular Brand” in AutoPacific’s 2013 Ideal Vehicle Awards; Jeep Grand Cherokee and Chrysler Town & Country named “Most Ideal Mid-Size SUV” and “Most Ideal Minivan” in their respective classes
“Last month we achieved our strongest retail sales in the past 60 months,” said Reid Bigland, Head of U.S. Sales. “All aspects of our business continue to improve as evidenced by our streak of 41-consecutive months of year-over-year sales gains.”
Chrysler Group had six models that set sales records in August. The Dodge Journey mid-size crossover, with its 12 percent increase, had its best sales month ever. In addition, the Dodge Challenger, Dodge Dart, Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Compass, and Jeep Patriot each recorded their best sales for the month of August.