- Video sharÂing webÂsites such as DaiÂly Motion and YouTube are genÂerÂatÂing largest share of media valÂue for hybrids and elecÂtric vehiÂcles, accordÂing to GenSent Insightâ€™s Green VehiÂcles report for 2013.
- For genÂerÂatÂing what GenSent Insight defines as Online Impact Media ValÂue, video sharÂing accountÂed for $13.2M, or 42%, of total media valÂue of $31.8M for the 10 vehiÂcles tracked in report. These video share sites are yieldÂing tens of thouÂsands of videos for those searchÂing for these types of vehiÂcle modÂels.
- News Media catÂeÂgoÂry genÂerÂatÂed $9.6 milÂlion (30%) and TwitÂter $7.5 milÂlion (24%) of media valÂue in the study.
- LeadÂing brand overÂall was ToyÂota Prius which genÂerÂatÂed $14.5 milÂlion of total media valÂue for 2013 â€“ more than three times next closÂest vehiÂcle, the HonÂda Fit at $4.5 milÂlion.
- ChevroÂlet Volt was third with $3.1 milÂlion, folÂlowed closeÂly by TesÂla Motors at $3.0 milÂlion and HonÂda Insight with $2.9 milÂlion.
- Brands difÂfered noticeÂably in chanÂnels on which buzz was genÂerÂatÂed. HonÂda Insight and Fit strongÂly influÂenced by video sharÂing webÂsites, NisÂsan Leaf genÂerÂatÂed 94% of its valÂue from TwitÂter.
- The more expenÂsive brands, CadilÂlac ELR and TesÂla Motors, both genÂerÂatÂed 72% of their valÂue from News Media sources. These difÂferÂences are attribÂuted priÂmarÂiÂly to age of curÂrent and potenÂtial ownÂers with HonÂda and NisÂsan trendÂing younger than CadilÂlac and TesÂla.
- CadilÂlac ELR genÂerÂatÂed $1.2 milÂlion in media valÂue over a five day periÂod in JanÂuÂary 2013 â€“ although not availÂable until 2014, it has genÂerÂatÂed subÂstanÂtial prelaunch buzz with total media valÂue of $1.6 milÂlion so far.
- GenSent Insightâ€™s research methodÂolÂoÂgy meaÂsures purÂchase equivÂaÂlent valÂue of brandâ€™s expoÂsure as deterÂmined by senÂtiÂment, freÂquenÂcy, and expoÂsure of news menÂtions and social diaÂlogue.
- MeaÂsures brandâ€™s reach by placÂing dolÂlar valÂue on overÂall levÂel of disÂcusÂsions for speÂcifÂic periÂod of time. GenSent Insight leverÂages GenÂerÂal Sentimentâ€™s proÂpriÂetary natÂurÂal lanÂguage proÂcessÂing techÂnolÂoÂgy to proÂduce in-depth, tarÂgetÂed indusÂtry reports.