Pinterest’s new product pages and feature enhancements are clearly a sign of a new direction in web design, eCommerce models and especially mobile content creation and consumption.
Here are 8 Pinterest best practices that can help boost your activity within the site and start creating another new channel of engagement with your dealership and your content. Content will remain a heavy theme going forward now that the Penguin 2.0 update has been released.
1. Know your audience: Who is it that you’re pinning for. Plan out who your pins are targeted for based on age, gender, income and other lifestyle factors. This is the baseline for how your boards are created.
2. Be original: Shoot your own high quality images. 80% of all the pins within Pinterest are repins, so it’s very easy to stand out with original, quality content. Use powerful tools such as Pinstamatic.com to make your listings even more unique.
3. Use color wisely: Much of the power of Pinterest is the visual nature of the platform. Classic color theory and theme psychology works strong in the grid style format. Color-themed boards will strike a chord with viewers and make a visual impact; Blue creates trust, Yellow is cheerful and Red equals energy.
4. Offer even more value: Imagine having value-added content such as an eBook or other automotive review information. Pinerly.com claims that pins with call to actions have 80% more engagement than traditional image pins.
5. Teach something: Pinerly also says that pins that teach something have a 42% higher CTR. Link your pins to additional pieces of helpful content within your website and blogs to drive even more traffic and build your brand while doing so.