Looking ahead to February auto sales results, TrueCar.com forecasts a continued rise in new and used-car sales, a rise in SAAR level over last year, and incentive spending reduction.
Get the facts and figures on the TrueCar.com forecast.
- For February 2013, new light vehicle sales in the U.S. (including fleet) is expected to be 1,214,194 units, up 5.7 percent from February 2012 and up 16.5 percent from January 2013 (on an unadjusted basis)
- The February 2013 forecast translates into a Seasonally Adjusted Annualized Rate (“SAAR”) of 15.7 million new car sales, up from 14.5 million in February 2012 and up from 15.3 million in January 2013
- Retail sales are up 5.2 percent compared to February 2012 and up 20.6 percent from January 2013
- Fleet and rental sales are expected to make up 21 percent of total industry sales in February 2013
- The industry average incentive spending per unit will be approximately $2,392 in February 2013, which represents a decrease of 3.9 percent from February 2012 and an increase of 1.8 percent from January 2013
- Used car sales* are estimated to be 3,402,345, up from 3.25 million February 2012. The ratio of new to used is estimated to be 1:3 for February 2013