Following in the path of other megadealers, Sonic Automotive, Inc. saw record sales figures for the fourth-quarter 2012 and for the full year.
Get the facts and figures on Sonic’s successful sales year.
For the full year 2012, the Company grew adjusted net income from continuing operations by 19.6% to $1.71 per diluted share compared to $1.43 per diluted share in the prior year.
Q4 2012 Highlights – New Retail Volume Outpaces Industry; Annual Cost Lower than Target
- Record retail unit sales in full year 2012 of 231,192 units
- Record Q4 Continuing Operations Net Income of $28.8 million (1)
- Total Q4 revenues up 10.4% over prior year quarter, up 11.2% for full year
- New vehicle retail revenue up 15.7% in Q4, up 17.5% for full year
- Used vehicle retail units up 6.3% in Q4, up 6.4% for the full year
- Parts, Service & Collision gross profit up $3.7 million in Q4 to $140.9 million, a fourth quarter record, up $15.4 million for the full year to $568.9 million, an annual record
- Full year SG&A to gross profit of 76.8%, better than annual target of 78.0%