Manny, Moe & Jack is offering drivers five simple New Year’s Resolutions to better care for their cars:
1. Keep Your Car Healthy: In many cases, driving with “check engine” or “service engine soon” light will cause the vehicle’s computer to attempt to compensate for the problem, greatly reducing fuel efficiency.
2. Look Your Best: Maintain and protect your car’s appearance by washing and waxing your vehicle’s exterior on a regular basis with high-quality car care products.
3. See Clearer: Replace worn or damaged wiper blades at the first sign of wear to ensure you always have a clear view of what’s ahead.
4. Be Smarter: Pep Boys wants drivers to know the importance of tires and recommends that drivers inspect their tires regularly for proper tire pressure and tread wear – and offers free tire pressure checks and inspections at all locations year-round.
5. Shed Those Extra Pounds: According to the US Department of Energy, your vehicle’s fuel efficiency is reduced by 1-2% on average for every 100 lbs. of additional weight, which equates to paying as much as 10 cents more per gallon of gas.