• BC Canada company, PAL-V, says it going make a car fly soon.
• Public is psyched: Google traffic of over 135,000 monthly searches.
• CEO claims company most likely to deliver a "real" flying car.
• Work is done to create flying car that meets regs & safe to fly.
• Creating flying car with solid appeal in North American market place.
• PAL-V has been the quietest player in the market World-wide.
• PAL-V Limited Edition model will be available to 90 buyers, 25 in NA.
More info & video on PAL-V in North America
Contact Mark Jennings-Bates, VP Sales.1 250 859 4893
Who wrote this great article? Aswath Damodaran, Professor of Finance at the Stern School of Business at New York University, where he teaches corporate finance and equity valuation
Aswath wrote a very comprehensive, analytical, and probably brilliant article about Ride Sharing in Seeking Alpha in August.
He is basically saying that disruptive Ride Sharing has got to make money
Summary or Significance of What He said:
• Disruption is easy but making money off disruption is difficult, and ride sharing companies would be exhibit 1 to back up the proposition.
• While the ride sharing option is here to stay and will continue to grow, ride sharing companies still have not figured out a way to convert ride sharing revenues in profits.
• I have argued every young growth company has a bar mitzvah moment, a time in its history when markets shift attention away from surface measures of growth to more operating substance (evidence that users are being monetized).
• This may be premature but I have sense that the bar mitzvah moment has arrived or will be arriving soon for ride sharing companies.
This article is must reading for all automotive startups so go get it
• Japan to get power for hydrogen cars from sewage sources
• Japan & Toyota in major push to market hydrogen-powered cars
• Most hydrogen in U.S. is produced from natural gas
• In California, 20 retail hydrogen stations now open; 16 more coming.
• Biogas major source of hydrogen from waste water treatment plants, landfills, manure
• California is one of the most biogas-rich states in the nation
• Toyota has already sold over 1,000 Marai with 2,000 on order.
For a complete briefing,
see in-depth online article from LA Times. > Getting High on Hydrogen: California Market to be big with some help from Japan.