2. Controlled Ad Viewing on Specialty Programming platforms (Crackle).
3. Mobile viewing of movies,car ads,& news growing: Blocking still a constraint.
4. Influencer Marketing is powerful means to increase audience.
5. Two new programming sites producing own content – Crackle & EPIX.
6. Charity Site, Pixhug, becoming an effective way to raise money for causes.
7. Lots of focus in panels on Millennials and their viewing practices
8. Monetizing video is big challenge even in TV.
9. TV production companies & studio obsessed with Story Telling.
10. VR has big future but viewer access using the “boxes” is challenge.
For more detail on a least some of what came down in presentations
Truth in Auto Lending is Coming: Blockchain Technology & Smart Contracts May Replace Your Auto Finance Guy, Controller, & Maybe F&I & Floor Planning at the Dealership.SITUATION:
• Blockchain Tech to be Auto Lending Game Changer: Mashes up cryptography & peer-to-peer networking.
• Creates a shared database of transactions & other information.
• A blockchain is an ever-lengthening chain of blocks of data.
• Toyota Financial Services has used Blockchain & smart contracts.
• Delinquent auto loans automatically transfer ownership & loanee can’t use the car.
• All parties to know all about auto loans, rates, apps, stips, & fine print.
• Blockchain could reduce need for businesses to organize as companies.
• Collaborators will work together as free agents instead of under bosses.
• Blockchain could replace bankers, accountants, & lawyers, escrow accounts, insurance, & verification of payments & performance of contracts.
• Truth-telling feature of Blockchain makes it enormously useful to banks.
• Ethereum, goes beyond ledger function; Works more like Google Docs—shares SW that can be used by all but is tamperproof.
Start getting up to speed on BlockChain with an in-depth Bloomberg article.
• Car dealerships are target for hyperlocal media & suppliers of digital marketing technology & services,
• After steady growth to record 2015, auto sales now sluggish, & dealership consolidation continues.
• Researcher Borrell projects dealerships to spend $14 B on digital & online advertising in 2016.
• Dealers shifting to Digital & Mobile-Spend over 60% of media budget online
• Borrell’s survey reveals that dealers cutting back on traditional media.
• Kia dealer confessed spending majority of digital budget on search
• Dealers frequently do not have resources to do analytics on display or brand tracking
• Have relied on OEM's data analytics & customer experience surveys.
Find David Card, Street Fight’s director of research, and his complete Need-to-Know article _______________________________________________________________________________